- LanguageAfrikaans Argentina Azərbaycanca
Bahasa Indonesia Brasil Brezhoneg
Català Česky Dansk
Deutsch Dhivehi English
English English Español
Esperanto Estonian Euskara
Finnish Français Français
Gaeilge Galego Hrvatski
Íslenska Italiano Latviešu
Lëtzebuergesch Lietuviu Magyar
Malay México Nederlands
Norsk bokmål Norwegian nynorsk Polski
Português Română Slovenšcina
Slovensky Srpski Svenska
Tiếng Việt Türkçe Wolof
Ελληνικά Български Македонски
Монгол Русский Српски
Українська עברית العربية (مصر)
العربية العربية پارسی
தமிழ் ಕನ್ನಡ ภาษาไทย
ქართული ខ្មែរ 中文 (繁體)
中文 (香港) 日本語 简体中文
Home / Typ 3 byte av skärmar
Type 3 Models
The fenders can be removed and installed on the body without any cutting or welding. All fenders are held in place by bolts. Plastic beading forms a gasket between the individual fenders and the body itself.
The bumper brackets pass through the front fenders. The front bumper and reinforcement bar must therefore be removed prior to removing the front fender.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the horn wire (left fender only).
- Remove the tank filler flap lock and cable (right fender only).
- Remove the hexagon head sheet metal screw, located under the edge of the fender just ahead of the door.
- With the car door open, remove the single bolt from the door hinge pillar.
- Carefully pull the front side panel trim off the body interior, then remove the bolts behind the front side panel trim.
- Remove the 4th bolt underneath the instrument panel. You must take the fuse box out first when working on the left side of the car.
- Remove the 9 sheet metal screws together with the flat washers and rubber washers.
- Apply new D 19 sealing tape on the hinge pillar.
- Install the fender loosely, using all of the bolts.
- Insert the plastic beading between the fender and the body.
- Align the fender properly with the body and tighten all of the bolts.
- Glue the front panel trim back with D 12 trim cement.
The rear fenders of the Fastback, Notchback, and Squareback sedans differ, but the mounting fastener locations are identical. The main difference in removal procedures is that all 8 upper mounting screws of the Squareback are removed from the rear luggage area. On the Fastback and Notchback models, 5 screws are removed from inside the luggage area and 3 are removed from the car's interior. On all models, the rear bumper must be removed to get working clearance.
- Using a wooden wedge, pry the trim molding off the lower front area of the rear fender.
- Remove the rear seat.
- Pull the beading off of the door pillar.
- Remove the side trim panel from the car's interior.
The side trim panel is different in Fastback, Notchback, and Squareback models. The number of spring clips that hold the side trim panel to the inner body panel also differs. However, removal is essentially the same for both models.
- Remove the 2 bolts that hold the fender to the side member. The bolts are located under the front forward edge of the fender.
- Remove the rear light lens, then remove the entire rear light assembly. Disconnect the wires and pull them free of the fender, being careful not to damage the rubber grommets.
- Remove the single bolt in the rear light assembly hole.
- Remove the 2 sheet metal screws located under the rear lower edge of the fender.
- Partially remove the luggage compartment lid seal from the metal band that is beside the rear light opening.
- Remove the 2 fasteners located next to the rear light assembly opening.
- For Squareback models, support the fender. Working from inside the rear load area, remove the 8 hexagon head sheet metal screws along the upper fender edge. Take the fender off the car.
- For Fastback and Notchback models, support the fender to avoid buckling it when the bolts are removed. Then remove the 3 hexagon head sheet metal screws from inside the car, next to the rear seat.
- For Fastback and Notchback models, remove the 5 hexagon head sheet metal screws from inside the luggage compartment, then remove the fender from the vehicle.
- Check the fender seals and replace them if damaged.
- Check the condition and mounting of the rubber seal around the lower part of the wheel housing. if it is damaged, replace it before installing the fender.
- Attach the fender to the body loosely and insert the plastic beading between them.
- Align the fender with the door and body. Tighten the bolts securely.
- Install the exterior trim strip. glue the interior trim panels in position with D 12 trim cement.